A big welcome to Jade Class
from Mrs Stone, Mrs Di Pisa and Mrs Gingell
Our topic for the Autumn Term 2 is ‘What
superpower is needed to change a material?’ We are going to be learning a lot
about different materials, their properties and how we can change them.
- What materials can you name?
- What materials can you see in your
- What materials can you see on the
way to school?
- How can materials change?
- Can you change a material? How?
- Do all materials change shape?
- Can you see any materials that
You can support your child’s learning at home by:
- Asking them about what they
have learned about in school that day.
- Discussing the topics that
are being covered together.
- Reading about the topics at
- Visiting the library to
find out more about the topics for the term.
- Bringing anything relevant
into school to share with the class if your child would like to.
- Practise counting carefully
and in multiples (2s, 5s, 10s).
Please remember all money coming into
school needs to be in a sealed, named envelope so all monies can be accounted
Our PE days this term
will be on a Tuesday and Thursday. Please ensure your child’s PE kit is in
school for these days. We have still got an awful lot of PE kit and school
uniform that is not named – we cannot take responsibility for unnamed clothing,
so it is essential that all school uniform is labelled clearly with their
To find out more about what your child will be learning, please download the Topic Web and overview documents below.
Autumn Term 2:
Autumn Term 1
Use websites to support your child’s learning at home